by Samuel Sennott
As I am preparing for a flurry of XO based posts, I just have to get some of it out. The one to one concept is exciting me as a teacher more and more. It is important for us to learn the operational commands for the tools we use. Check out some of the commands for the OLPC XO computer. Go here for the full page, which includes the combination keystrokes.
This page provides a listing of the agreed upon shortcuts for the system at large and for various controls within the activities, which should be referenced for consistency across them. For a high-level philosophical on the usage of various modifier keys, please refer to the HIG.
Please see cheat codes for a list of boot options.
 Special keys
- the Ctrl key has a solid diamond on it (♦);
- the Alt key has an open diamond on it (♢);
- the Esc key has a white × inside a black circle ();
- the Tab key has double arrows on it (↹);
- the Tilde key has a tilde on it (~);
- the Frame key has an open rectangle on it (□);
- the F1 key is the same as the Neighborhood view key ();
- the F2 key is the same as the Group view key ();
- the F3 key is the same as the Home view key ();
- the F4 key is the same as the Activity view key ();
- the Delete key is the same as Fn-Erase.
- the Page Up key is the same as Fn-up-arrow (↑).
- the Page Down key is the same as Fn-down-arrow (↓).
- the Home key is the same as Fn-left-arrow (←).
- the End key is the same as Fn-right-arrow (→).