You Can Golf
by Samuel Sennott
So your summer camp is winding down, or maybe you are stuck inside in an extended year program. Maybe your home with your children during a few weeks they have off from camp. Why not take a golf break? Make a day of it: Do guided reading with the book about Tiger Woods. Check out the videos from YouTube. Talk about it. Write about it. Spell some words at the level the student is at. Then break out the Nintendo Wii if you can get one and play 3 or 9 holes. Take some pictures while your doing it and do some more writing later that day or another. Enjoy! http://otot.wikispaces.com/Tiger+Woods
|Tiger Woods Cover From Book, Tiger Head shot, looking, and swinging|
Tiger Woods – Bay Hill 2008 18th Hole
- Download the above videos in .mpg, converted from the original .flv with http://www.zamar.com http://drop.io/tigerwoodsvideos
- Golf Chart.zip Intellitalk Chart Writing (I can…)
- Use a graphic organizer to brainstorm what you want to write about.
|Screenshot of Basic Web Graphic Organizer|
Working With Words
- Idea: Do a simple spelling activity creating the words I, can, win, the, like. Then practice finding those with the AAC system. Link to Printable Letter Cards and more formal and systematic phonics ideas: https://alltogether.wordpress.com/2008/03/31/printable-making-words-cards/
- Play Nintendo Wii Sports Golf.
photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kara/1859304076/